Scope 7 Bug List

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

DragonSF

Re: Scope 7 Bug List

Post by DragonSF » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 am

Under Win 10, when the PC goes in to sleep or hibernation mode: afetr wake-up scope has lost connection to the PCI-board. Can only be solved by reboot.

ronnie

Post by ronnie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:53 am

Do you have "allow windows to turn off this device" set in power options in device manager. Does Windows 10 have that setting?
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays

garyb

Post by garyb » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:40 am

DragonSF wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 am
Under Win 10, when the PC goes in to sleep or hibernation mode: afetr wake-up scope has lost connection to the PCI-board. Can only be solved by reboot.
that is not a bug, that is normal.

Scope cannot sleep. once the computer goes to sleep, power is cut to the bus and the dsps lose their state. when the computer starts back up, Scope is not in contact with the dsps. only restarting can restore the condition, but Scope cards and the XITE aren't hot swappable. it takes a reboot for windows to recognize their existence again.

there is no reason for a Scope computer to sleep. power saving is not something that a realtime system does well with.

DragonSF

Post by DragonSF » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:36 pm

@Garyb:'that's what I thought, but for one reason or another, Win 10 goes to sleep against my settings (or after an update, sleep is activated again). Thanks for reassuring, that' this is not a scope 7 or HW issue as such.
Strange enough my PC is set to never go to sleep, but it still does :evil:
Last edited by DragonSF on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyb

Post by garyb » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:09 pm

be sure that in the device manager, the XITE entry has the "reset board when idle" box UNCHECKED in properties.(i think this is what Ronnie was alluding to)

also, in the advanced power settings, the PCI Express entry has "link state power management" turned OFF.

DragonSF

Post by DragonSF » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Power and PCI settings are set accordingly.

ronnie

Post by ronnie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Thanks gary, that's what I meant.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays

t_tangent

Post by t_tangent » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:09 am

Operating system version: Win 7 32bit

Scope Hardware: Scope 7 running off 3 x Scope Pro PCI cards

Ulli settings: 3ms

Sample Rate: 48 kHz

Plug-in (if the bug is plug-in related): EDS8i.dev (EDS 8i Drum machine)

Type of bug/error message: No sound when device is first loaded into the routing window even when the main Volume knob is at max volume position. Moving the main Volume knob a little does then make the device produce sound.

If the device is saved within a project then it does produce sound output without needing to first move the volume knob, so this bug seems to only occur when first loading the device into a new project.

A small bug and certainly not a real issue, but a bug nonetheless, so if anyone can reproduce this and verify it isn't just happening on my setup, that would be useful.

Is this the only place to report bugs, or is there a more official list?. Thanks for any info.

geiger

Post by geiger » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:04 am

I had this issue with scope 5, 5.1 and 7, on Win7 32 and Win8 64: when using Arpeg but bypassing it or keeping it stopped, the notes I hit on my synth have a very short life, no sustain, even though I keep them pressed. They just die.. Because of that I need to remove arpeg from the chain from time to time when I am not using it.